In response to recent wildfires and in an effort to limit the possibility of a wildfire, the Town of Parker’s Office of Emergency Management followed the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office by issuing a Stage Two Fire Ban on July 2 until further notice.
Please call the Parker Police Department’s non-emergency line, 303.841.9800 to report any individuals using fireworks this weekend. There will be additional staff on duty the evening of July 4 to assist with the anticipated increase in calls.
In an effort to limit the possibility of a wildfire, the Town of Parker’s Office of Emergency Management has followed the Douglas County Office of Emergency Management by issuing a Stage One Fire Ban until further notice.
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use of fireworks – including professional firework displays
- Use of fires in chimineas, other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits.
- Campfires at developed campgrounds or picnic areas.
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, grills, fire pits, or other gas or liquid-fueled appliances.
- Residential use of charcoal grill fires when such use is supervised by a responsible party at least 18 years of age.
- Fires contained within fireplaces and wood-burning stoves within buildings only
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.