The Town would like to remind residents about the hazards of fireworks and the precautions they should take when using them.
“Safe and sane” fireworks are permissible only on private property within Town limits. All other fireworks are illegal and are prohibited in Parker, including on private property. “Safe and sane” fireworks include fountains, wheels, spinners, illuminating torches, dipped sticks, sparklers, snakes and glow worms. If you plan to set off fireworks, please keep fire danger in mind and take the following proper safety precautions:
* If you plan on setting off fireworks, do it outdoors in a clear area, away from houses, dry leaves or grass and other flammable materials.
* Keep a bucket of water nearby for emergencies and for pouring on fireworks that fail to ignite or explode.
* Do not try to relight or handle malfunctioning fireworks. Soak them in water and throw them away.
* Be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks.
* Never light fireworks in a container, especially a glass or metal container.
* Keep unused fireworks away from the firing area.
* Store fireworks in a cool, dry place. Always check instructions for special storage directions.
* Never have any portion of your body directly over a firework while lighting.
* Children should only be permitted to use fireworks under close adult supervision. Do not allow any running or horseplay. Be mindful that sparklers, often considered “safe” fireworks, burn at very high temperatures and can easily ignite clothing.
Fines of up to $600 may be given for each offense. Contact the Parker Police Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.841.9800 for more information on fireworks regulations.
At this time, the Town of Parker has not placed any additional restrictions on fireworks within Town limits. Please check the Town’s website, www.ParkerOnline.org, prior to using fireworks to ensure there is not a fire ban in place.