Keep up with Parker news and happenings with our list of five things to know for May.
Outdoor Aquatics Facilities Open For Season:
Welcome summer as the H2O’Brien Pool and the Discovery Park Play Fountain start seasonal operations on May 27, weather permitting.
H2O’Brien Outdoor Pool features two 182’ water slides, a zero depth entry with a large, state of the art water feature structure, a lap pool, a concession area and a sizeable deck space with seating, ample shade and a game area.
The Discovery Park Play Fountain is a 900 square foot water feature that includes programmable water jets embedded below the paving surface and color changing LED lights, allowing use during the day and into the evening.
Where To Find Roadwork Information:
Parker's Streets Maintenance Division works hard to keep our roadway network running smoothly, and spring and summer are the most active seasons for maintenance. The Town has multiple resources to learn about and follow active projects.
• Streets Maintenance Division Website
• 2023 Street Maintenance Projects Map
• Capital Improvement Project Update
Contact the Public Works and Engineering Department with construction-related questions at 303.840.9546.
Several projects will also be taking place near, but outside of, the Town’s official boundaries this spring and summer. Visit Douglas County’s roadways webpage for information on County-coordinated projects. Information on Colorado Department of Transportation projects can be accessed here.
Senior Stroll Event On May 31:
Parker Parks and Recreation will host the annual Senior Stroll at 9 a.m. Wednesday, May 31 at Salisbury Park. This free event features a one-mile fun walk on a paved trail, followed by a light breakfast, socializing with friends, exciting prize giveaways and interacting with local business vendors that put an emphasis on senior health and wellness.
Pre-register for the free event by clicking here.
Several Active Projects On Let’s Talk Parker:
The Town’s community engagement platform, Let’s Talk Parker, has several current projects open for feedback and participation. They include:
• Bike And Pedestrian Master Plan: The Bike and Pedestrian Master Plan public draft is now available for public review and comment.
• Parks Design Guidelines And Construction Manual: The Parks, Trails, Open Space & Streetscape Design and Construction Manual public draft is now available for public review and comment.
• Traffic Enforcement Map: Share specific roads or intersections that would benefit from increased traffic enforcement efforts from the Parker Police Department.
• Report A Pothole: Help our Streets Maintenance Division locate potholes on Town roadways.
• Kudos and Feedback: Have you interacted with Town of Parker staff lately? If so, please take a short survey and let us know how we did.
• Fact or Fiction: Have a question about what’s happening in Parker? Post them here and receive an answer from Town staff.
Monthly Public Meeting Dates:
Parker Town Council will meet at 7 p.m. Mondays, May 1 and 15. The Council will hold study sessions at 4 p.m. Mondays, May 8 and 22.
Parker Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursdays, May 11 and 25.
Parker Special Licensing Authority will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 18.
Agendas, minutes and meeting packets for all Town meetings can be found here.