Jan 19


The original item was published from January 19, 2018 12:54 PM to February 21, 2023 11:20 AM

Town Q&A is a compilation of questions received by the Town of Parker across its social media accounts from the previous month. Have a question about the Town or Town operations to ask? Send your questions to Town of Parker Digital Marketing Coordinator Ryne Dittmer at to be answered in a future Town Q&A post.

What local resources are available for prescription drug disposal?
The Parker Police Department, in partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration, participates in the National Prescription Take Back twice a year, in April and October. There are several permanent medication drop-off locations located within Douglas County, including AllHealth Network Pharmacy in Parker.  A map of medication take back locations can be found on the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment website.

Additional information about properly and safely disposing of prescription drugs can be found on the Parker Police Department’s website here.

Why do we not have a noise ordinance in Parker for loud mufflers/cars/trucks?
As approved by the Town Council, the Town of Parker has adopted the 2010 edition to the Model Traffic Code. The Model Traffic Code is a compilation of state laws that deal with the operation of motor vehicles and the movement of pedestrians. The code does contain regulations related to loud mufflers on cars and trucks. For example, Section 225 of the Model Traffic Code requires “every motor vehicle subject to registration and operated on a highway (includes all public streets) shall at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation and properly maintained to prevent excessive or unusual noise….”

The Town’s complete municipal code may be accessed digitally at  

To report a noise ordinance complaint, call the Police Department’s non-emergency line, 303.841.9800, and you will be connected to the proper division.